It seems like a waste to throw out all those seeds and they taste great if you roast them. Did you know pumpkin seeds are full of zinc? Before you season, you must know how to roast. I have the perfect Roast Pumpkin Seeds Oven Recipe to share with you all. As a bonus, you will also learn about different ways of seasoning them in this post.
Roasting pumpkin seeds to perfection is certainly an art in itself! But it is certainly not hard. It only takes 15-20 minutes of time in the oven to be on your way to a delicious snack!
Roast Pumpkin Seeds Oven Recipe
To roast pumpkin seeds, you will need
A cookie sheet
A pot for boiling
1. First, clean the seeds of any pumpkin “goo” in a colander in the sink.
2. Boil your seeds for 10 minuets over medium-high heat. Since the insides of the seeds cook faster than the outer shells, this will ensure they roast evening in the oven.
3. Drain and dry off your seeds. Place evenly on a cookie sheet and evenly coat with a light amount of olive oil. Salt lightly if you desire. Bake at 325 Degrees F for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and flip seeds. Allow to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Take a seed out and test it for crispiness. Remember, the seeds cook slower on the outside than the inside, so make sure your insides are not burning.
5. Remove from tray to cool.
[bctt tweet=”Roast your pumpkin seeds to perfection this #Halloween! Also learn about some great ways to season them!”]
Now that you know the basics for roasting, lets look at different ways you can season them.
This needs to be done after, with salt omitted. Just combine ground cinnamon and some sugar and coat seeds.
Salt and pepper seeds
Simply add black pepper to your seeds before roasting, leaving the salt on as well.
Hot pepper seeds
Combine 1 tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp onion powder and ¼ tsp chipotle powder in a bowl. Toss your seeds in this mixture before roasting.
Use BBQ seasoning rub and kosher salt to create this delicious snack
Pumpkin pie spiced
1 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp cloves. Combine and toss your seeds in this before roasting.
Use 1 tbsp yellow curry, 1 tsp chili powder and ½ tsp dry dill. Combine and toss.
Add a packet of dry ranch mix and toss your seeds in that.
Sweet and Spicy
1 tbsp sugar combined with ½ tsp chili powder and a squirt of lime.
There you have it! Hope you enjoyed my Roast Pumpkin Seeds Oven Recipe. As you can see, roasting perfect pumpkin seeds this Halloween season is now easy. Flavoring it your way? No problem! Try these different seasonings out and let me know which flavor is your favorite!
P.S: Want to learn more about celebrating Halloween in style? Head on over to my ultimate Halloween round up!