Everyone loves a savory meatloaf!
It makes the perfect fall meal plus is friendly on your budget. You can even prep it ahead of time and heat it up when you are ready, making not only tasty but convenient. Take a look at how you can make this onion soup meatloaf for your family, as it is sure to become a fast favorite!
RELATED: Apple Harvest Chicken Salad Recipe
Perfect Comfort Food for the Fall- Onion Soup Mix Meatloaf
Here are the ingredients you will need to make your own onion soup meatloaf!
1 packet of onion soup mix (any brand will do,but here is one if you like to try!)
2 pounds of ground beef (the leaner the meat, the better)
1 cup of ketchup
1 ½ cups of bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. In a large bowl, knead the ground beef along with the eggs, bread crumbs, and onion soup mix. Knead well until the ingredients are well mixed.
2. Add about ¾ of your cup of ketchup. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ketchup and the tablespoons of brown sugar together to form a paste.
4. Spread the ketchup and brown sugar mixture on top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the juices are clear.
You can make an additional mixture of brown sugar and ketchup to re-coat the meatloaf during the last few minutes of baking. This adds a nice sweet yet savory crust.
Serve with potatoes and salad and you have the perfect meal! Give this onion soup mix meatloaf a try and you are sure to hear the praise coming from your family.
Oh, and don’t forget to use leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches the next day. It is the perfect way to stretch the meal even further and enjoy it in an entirely new way!
You are very welcome 😉