If you are looking for a green St. Patricks Day desserts and treats, these lucky leprechaun cereal bars are perfect! You can make your own lucky leprechaun cereal balls using just a few ingredients, and in less than 30 minutes. They are great for school parties, St. Patrick’s Day gatherings, or even just an after school snack. Take a peek below at how to make some green St.Patrick’s day desserts for yourself!
After all, St. Patrick’s Day will be here before you know it!
Green St.Patrick Day Desserts- Lucky Leprechaun Cereal Balls
5 tablespoons of regular butter
4 cups of any brand miniature marshmallows
6 cups of marshmallow cereal (Lucky Charms is of course ideal but you can do a generic brand if you wish.)
Green food coloring
1. In a mixing bowl, add the marshmallows and butter. Heat the bowl on high in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the mixture is smooth and softened. Stir in between heating.
2. While the mixture is still warm, stir in the cereal. Fold it into the marshmallow and butter mixture until coated well.
3. Again while the mixture is still warm, add a few drops of food coloring. Stir so that the color distributes. The more you add, the darker the hue will be.
4. Once the mixture is able to be handled, use a spoon and clean hands to fold it into ball shapes.
5. Place the lucky leprechaun cereal balls into cupcake cups for easy handling and eating.
Your own green St.Patrick day desserts,also called as “lucky leprechaun cereal balls” are now ready to be enjoyed!
As you can see, they are perfect for the St. Patrick’s Day season. Do you have small children? This is a recipe simple enough even for the littlest of hands. They will love helping with measuring, mixing, and making the cereal balls. And of course, they will love eating them as well.
Feel free to make these ahead of time as they will stay fresh as long as they are covered. An air tight container is ideal for keeping them fresh. If you wish, you can alter the recipe so that these are bars instead of balls. Just press the mixture into a pan until flat and cut into squares once set.
Gather your ingredients and give these lucky leprechaun cereal balls a try! They are sure to make your St. Patrick’s Day one that is festive and sweet!
Make your own green St.Patrick day desserts today. They are easy to make and yummy too 🙂