Let’s kick this month off with an awesome St.Patty’s craft!
Do you love preparing a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner complete with all of the fixings? If you plan on cooking a St. Patrick’s Day feast, or if you just want to add a little luck of the Irish to your everyday place settings, this St. Patrick’s Day napkin ring craft is the perfect idea. You can make your own St. Patrick’s Day napkin rings in just minutes, and when you are done you have the perfect pop of color for your table. All you need is a few easy to find materials and in no time you will have festive, professional looking napkin rings like the ones you see here. Here is how you can get started crafting your own just in time for the St. Patrick’s Day season!
St. Patrick’s Day Napkin Ring Craft
Here are the supplies you will need to make your own St. Patrick’s Day napkin rings:
Cardboard tubing from a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll
Green craft felt
Gold coins (found at Dollar Tree stores in the floral section with the green carnations)
Hot glue, glue gun
The number of cardboard rolls you need will depend on the number of rings you are making. You can make 2-3 rings out a toilet paper roll, and 5-6 out of a paper towel roll. Use this information when deciding how much you need to prepare.
1. Begin by cutting the paper towel rolls into 2 inch segments. You can make them thicker or thinner if you want depending on your preferences.
2. Roll each of the segments in a strip of green craft felt. Roll it and pull the felt tightly so there are no wrinkles or gapping. Cut off any additional craft felt and use the hot glue and glue gun to secure the felt strip into place.
3. Once the felt is in place, remove the gold coin from the stem it is attached to. As mentioned, you can find these gold coins at Dollar Tree, and they are attached to the green carnation bundles they sell. Set aside.
4. Cut out a strip of the green felt and tie it into a ribbon. Add some glue and press it to the top of the napkin ring. This really helps add some color and flare to the napkin rings.
5. Add a generous amount of hot glue to the back of the gold coin. Press it to the top of the napkin ring, layering it over the green felt. Hold it in place until it is dry and secure.
Once your glue is all dry you can simply roll up your napkin and slide it into the napkin ring.
Display directly on the plate for a fun pop of St. Patrick’s Day color!