Looking for easy chocolate cake balls recipe for Halloween? These Spider cake balls are so easy to make and will make a perfect addition to your Halloween snacks table.
Read below and learn how you can make a cute batch of your own!
Easy Chocolate Cake Balls Recipe- Spider Cake Balls
Cake ball Ingredients
1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Sugar
1 C Cocoa
1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Salt
1 C Whole Milk
1/2 C Oil
2 TSP Vanilla
1 C Boiling Water
Cake ball Directions
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Spray a 9 X 5 pan with baking spray.
-Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
-In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
-Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
-Mix all together until fully incorporated.
-Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
-Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
-The batter may be a little runny.
-Pour into a prepared pan.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
-Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
1/4 C dark cocoa powder
2 C soft unsalted butter
1/4 C half & half
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle beat butter until smooth.
- Add half & half and beat until fluffy and light.
- Add vanilla and beat for 1 min.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa slowly and beat until well blended scraping the sides of the bowl so that it is all blended.
- If frosting is not stiff enough add more powder sugar 1/4 C at a time.
- Test to see if the frosting is ready, take a spoonful and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting hangs onto the spoon then it is ready if not then add more powder sugar.
Cake Ball Decoration Ingredients
Ghirardelli melting chocolate
Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
Black licorice strings
Directions for cake balls
- Once the cake is cool using your hands crumble the cake and put the pieces in a bowl.
- Take a spoon full of the frosting and add it to the crumbled cake.
- Use a spoon to combine.
- Add more frosting until you can form a small round ball.
- To form a ball take a small ice cream scoop of cake and frosting, using your hands to form a ball.
- Put the hand made cake balls into a refrigerator for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler to melt. Continue to stir frequently to make sure that all of the chocolates have melted.
- After removing the cake balls from the refrigerator push a cake pop stick in the center of the cake ball.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, dip the cake ball into the chocolate until fully coated.
- Place the individual dipped chocolate balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet to dry.
- Place two small candy eyes on the center of the cake ball.
- Add three shorts pieces of black licorice to each side the cake ball.
Your Spider Cake Balls is ready! This easy Chocolate cake balls recipe can be used any time of the year. Depending on the occasion, just mix and match your decoration ingredients.
P.S: Check out our Ultimate Halloween round up including cute crafts and more yummy recipes!