What could be a better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than to enjoy some chocolate mint dessert brownies which can also pose as awesome sundaes? Making your own chocolate mint dessert brownies sundae is easy, and is even a fun recipe for kids to help you with. Take a peek below at how you can get busy making your own.
You will find it is a sweet way to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day with your family.
Ingredients needed to make your own Chocolate Mint Dessert Brownies Sundae
1 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄2 cup flour
1⁄3 cup cocoa
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons of mint extract (more or less depending on your tastes)
1 cup of whipped cream
Green food coloring
9×9 Baking pan
This may look like a long list of ingredients, but you will find that most of these items you already have on hand. If you wish, you can use a premade brownie mix instead of the from scratch recipe above. Just do which ever you prefer and works for you!
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. This will create the base of your brownie mix. Mix well.
2. Once the dry ingredients, eggs, and oil are mixed, you can add 1 teaspoon of your mint extract. Use more if desired. Or, if you prefer less, feel free to add less than the suggested amount.
3. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the mixture is done. When you remove the toothpick it should be clean.
4. In the meantime, mix the whipped cream with a teaspoon of mint extract. You can also add a few drops of green food coloring to give the cream a green hue if you wish.
5. Top the brownie with the mint infused whipped cream and finish with some rainbow sprinkles.
Your Chocolate Mint Dessert Brownies Sundae is now ready to be enjoyed!
It has the excellent flavors of mint throughout and as you can see, is quite visually appealing as well.
Gather your ingredients and make one of these Chocolate Mint Dessert Brownies brownie sundaes yourself. They are a perfect after dinner dessert to your corned beef and cabbage or other St. Patrick’s Day meals.