I don’t know about you, but my kid is not at all excited about going back to school.
We are recently back from a week long road trip and he heard me saying to his Dad, “Boy, Summer is almost over. School is open in what, 2 weeks ?” The next thing I heard is a wailing behind the door and there he was all hunched over with tears streaming down the face.
“Mommy, I don’t want to go to school. I want to stay home and play…” Although, it broke my heart to see him cry, I tried to lighten him up. ” But honey, you get to see your new class room and make some new friends!”
“I DON’T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL. I DON’T WANT TO SEE FRIENDS” (Insert “stomping” here)
I gathered my son in my arms, tantrums and all and planted some kisses on him. “May be I know a way to cheer you up”. I say. “Come with me”. This got him a little perked up. “What is it Mommy? Do you have something for me?” Okay, now I got him a bit curious, didn’t I? ðŸ˜‰ “May be I do..!” I smiled and opened our closet to show him a box full of Crayola products!
A 100 watts touched down on the face of my son and he grinned from ear to ear. “Now, tell me. Do you want to go back to school and make some art with your Crayola colors? It would be fun”. I say. By then, his full attention was on methodically sorting the Crayola goodies in the box. Kevin is a kid who LOVE colors. He is very good at creating fun arts with mixing and matching them. His artistic discoveries will go all over our wall at the house when papers provided to him is not enough. But then, it is never enough.
Here are some quick facts about Crayola
1. Crayola colors lasts 35% longer!Each crayon would cover 6 more pages.
2. Crayola offers incredible value for teachers as they are specifically designed for schools.
3. Crayola colored pencils are ideal for precise lines,detail drawings and may techniques.
4. Crayola Water Colors are on more back to school shopping lists than ever before!
So you see, if anyone or anything can lift up his spirits, it is Crayola. He was happy to see many of his favorites in the box like Oil Pastels, Twistables, Washable Water Color Paints, lots of Construction Papers etc. Perfect! This was a colorful heaven for my son. And he got to work.
No more talks about not wanting to go back to school or not wanting to see his friends.. It was actually easier than I thought. This year, Crayola wants to help make it easier for parents to get their children ready to head back to school. Other than providing tips and tricks to rein in your little ones with Crayola goodies while talking about back to school, they are kind enough to provide us parents with school supplies checklist to make shopping easier!
Take a look at this back to school checklist for kids from Grade 1-3.
They have another one for kiddos from Grade 4-8 as well. I love these!
In addition, here are some tips to help get your kids back to the habit of regular school routine. Mind you, attitude is key. Rest will fall into place.
Back to School Prep Tips
1. Practice getting up early about a week before the school starts.
2. Making back to school preparations are a great way to create some excitement about the prospect, like organizing the home work area or shopping for back to school supplies.
3. Talking about a typical school day will always help in preparing the little ones for the school season. Going to school can be exciting for the first day or two. But once the novelty wears off, teach them to deal once again with the rushed mornings, discipline at school and being responsible for getting the home works done consistently.
4. Prepare lists of favorite breakfast foods or afternoon snacks that are easy to make and the kids will love. (Yes, this one is more for parents)
5. Pick out the clothes in advance (preferably the night before at least) for the next school day.
Making good on the promise of helping parents with getting their kids ready for back to school, Crayola is graciously giving away $50 worth of Crayola products to one of my readers!
Here is the full list of products that are up for grabs!
24 ct Crayons
24 mini Twistables fun effects
Ultra-Clean Broad Line Markers 10 ct Tropical
Power Lines Scented Markers
Ultra-Clean Stamper Markers
Colored Pencils 24 ct
24 Washable Water Color Paints
Blunt Tip Metal Scissors
Construction Paper Pad 120 ct
5 Paint Brushes assorted
What do you have to do to gain an entry to this awesome giveaway? Just follow the Giveaway Tools below and consider yourself entered. Please note, this giveaway is open to Canadians only, age 18+. Good Luck!
****Disclosure: I was given free products to facilitate review and giveaway on behalf of Crayola Canada, however I would recommend products to my readers only if my experiences are positive with it****