If you are looking for the perfect fall dish, the name of this recipe says it all. This Apple Harvest Chicken Salad is the perfect meal on a chilly day. You can pair this sweet yet savory salad up with your favorite bread or even eat it with fresh vegetables as a snack. It is so easy to make, and the mixture of flavors really reflects the fall season. Take a look below at how you can make your own batch to enjoy this weekend! This is a dish that will soon become a new family favorite.
Apple Harvest Chicken Salad
1 pound of cooked chicken, shredded OR 2 large cans of canned chicken breast
2 medium apples of your choice, diced
1 cup of mayonnaise, low fat is just fine!
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
2 celery stalks, rinsed well and diced
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Prepare your chicken breasts OR drain and rinse your canned chicken and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to break up the meat as much as possible.
2. Stir in the freshly chopped apples, eggs, and celery and mix well.
3. Add your mustard and mayonnaise and continue to mix until all of the elements are coated.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may wish to omit these if you feel the flavor is where you want it.
5. If you wish for a bit more warmth, add a pinch of cinnamon to the mixture and stir well.
Chill the salad for one hour before serving. This will help the flavors blend well and really pop. You may wish to chill this salad over night even. It is great to make up ahead of time to have on hand all week for quick meals! Serve it on toasted bread, on crackers, or with vegetables for dipping. It is the perfect mixture of sweet and savory and a great way to use up those end of the season apples.
Give this simple Apple Harvest Chicken Salad recipe a try and see what a cinch it is to whip up something full of fall flavor!